Sunday, January 08, 2006

Here is the Mocha Shrine Center in London. Apart from the fact that they have and do consistently raise money for childrens interests, why would I post this photo?

Because this is where the London Jazz Society holds their monthly jazz whoop-ups! So what?
Well I'll tell ya what! One of my Christmas gifts was an annual membership to the Jazz Society and this afternoon was the first performance I went to. Not only that it is right next door to the London Music Club of which I am also a card carrying member.

This afternoon at the LMC, Bobby Rush was bluesing it up, so I did sneak over to hang out in the foyer and listen to a song or two. While there I got two tickets to see Willie P. Bennett this Friday the 13th! Scary kids!

I'm really looking forward to seeing Willie P doing his own show, and of course, it's in a venue that I am very comfortable in. Willie is a member of Fred Eaglesmith's band and I have seen them perform together in that context. It will be new to see WPB doing his own gig!

A little bit of music for the soul.