Sunday, June 26, 2005

오늘너무더워요!....Again.

It's been so hot here, I had to check out a picture of snow from one of last winters postings. It sure looked cold in that photo......anyway the child psychology must have worked 'cause I felt a little less sweaty after I looked at it.

Finally, back in London after slaving for the corporation for 10 days in Detroit/Windsor. Ten freaking days in a freaking hotel room, while my kids are here at my home in London. Oh well, we're all paid volunteers....anybody is free to quit. They have nice glossy pamphlets about how they care about our families. Apart from the pamphlets and the Family Assistance Program, you're up the creek mate! Damn they're ruthless! Oops, is somebody a little freakin' frustrated? Maybe McDonalds is hiring, hmmmm....

On a brighter note, I have a new Korean friend. The family that bought the convenience store are all settled in. They have been in Canada for three years. The lady and I have become language friends, and I have finally developed enough of a rapport with the ajosshi, that he doesn't mind helping me with my on again, off again Hangeul. Kimseonsangnimpuin (the wife), is kind enough to give me their homemade kimchi, which is really hot, but excellent. Mrs. Kim is a very nice lady with a 16 year old girl and an eleven year old son. She doesn't look anywhere near the fourty-three years old she claims to be. I have come to believe that Mr. Kim is a gentleman, and that it is highly unlikely that he will shoot me for being language friends. I don't think he is spiking the kimchi that she brings for me.....my being alive is proof enough for me. Maybe he is lulling me into a false sense of kimchi comfort. She warned me it is spicier than the commercial stuff at Danny Han's, and it is, but I love it, I'm addicted to the stuff. Recently I was reading how good it is for our health, so I don't feel nearly as bad about jumping out of bed and shlurping down Koreas most famous health food first thing in the morning. They are a very nice family. There is this very charming, sincerity or niceness about Korean people that is very refreshing or uplifting.

We all had a great visit with my brother, and he is back doing his thing in West Vancouver.

Life is good, people make it great. Peace.