Sunday, December 04, 2005

New Camera



I recently upgraded my photo taking ability by acquiring a Kodak Z740. Compared to the point and shoot snapshot takers I am accustomed to, the abilities of this camera are varied. The 5.0 MP resolution is a plus because of the size of photo that will now be possible to print with good results. My trusty Olympus D-540 Zoom, which exhibits 3.2 MP will still be my constant companion on walks and at work. More than likely, on walks I will have both cameras with me.

One of the key reasons I purchased this one was the 10x optical zoom. It also has a 5x digital zoom, but I was interested in the 10x optical because so many of the things I photograph require zoom. As far as I can guess, if one is buying zoom, optical is preferred.

A tripod is needed at this point in my photography hobby. A camera bag of some kind is also needed. I will have to determine how much of a hobby I would like it to be. Obviously, I would like to learn to take better pictures. With a better camera there is an obligation to take better pictures, I think.

I also purchased a 256MB memory card for this camera, which allows room for 160 photos at 5 MP. The learning curve starts as soon as I take the first pic with the new cam, I guess. Yes, I am looking forward to the learning.

Well, off to take a picture or two.