Saturday, February 04, 2006

A Balanced Diet


I do apoligise for the lack of professionalism displayed in this photo! Obviously I should have had a sheet on the table and one on the wall behind it. I will do better. As penance I will launder the sheets, nothing but the best for my readers and myself! Apart from that ...

I was pleased as punch that I didn't have to do any modifications to the subjects in order to get the fruit stack pictured! We have an excellent market downtown and as my timidity about setting up the tripod diminishes I promise to let you see how nice it is. There are two flower sellers there and they are both very good. The one always seems to have a number of orphans looking for a good home. The other has bamboo and orchids.

The geraniums, that have been part of our family for the last year and a half are getting ready to bloom again. I also recently discovered that Gerbera Daisies were discovered by one Robert Jameson, a Scotsman, in South Africa in the late 1800's. Check out this link if you would like to know more about these beautiful flowers.

I'll keep the weather report to a minimum ... it's snowing like hell outside!

Photo stuff keeps me occupied, it's a nice way to spend time. There is a certain social aspect to it when you set up your tripod and camera in public. It's pleasant and friendly. One of life's serendipities. If you like looking at photo's go to Flickr.com. There are millions.

Another great day. Have a good one. Bye for now.

Mike.