Monday, October 18, 2004

Maps

I feel fortunate that I have some time at home, before my adventure begins. I have been doing things 'Korean' for weeks, especially chopsticks, which I am very comfortable with...I think. A small success in the grand scheme of things, but encouraging because initially they even seemed like a challenge. Rice has become a large part of my diet, starting six months ago. I did go to a Korean restauraunt recently with friends. We had mandu, bulbogi, kimchi, bimbimbap and some other foods. We all really enjoyed it!
My friends spent over three years living in the Anyang area. They returned to Canada to get things put in order here so they can return to Korea and spend most of the rest of their time there. I am very grateful to them for sharing there lives in Korea with me.
Another friend is living in Korea right now. and I am very grateful to her for the e-mails and photos.