Sunday, October 10, 2004

Thanksgiving Sunday

An excellent day. Myself and my kids spent the day together, tomorrrow to Mothers to celebrate my sons 16th and Thanksgiving. Mother has pumpkin pie and we picked up a 'cookies and creme cake', sooo it should be good. So what! We had salad for supper....... with the roasted chicken and corn on the cob. Life is good.....I will miss these Canadian days in South Korea. My Mother asked again if I was still going to Korea. I assured her that I am and said that it is a matter of days......but it is more than a hundred days. As things get dealt with for my departure I think the day for leaving will become more predictable, even by my Mom! So within a few months I will have 'all my ducks in a row' and I will be able to depart Canada with peace of mind. I will still be maintaining a home in Canada, so it's necessary to have few months Canadian bills paid, that way whatever I earn there will be spent on seeing how little I can live on. My goal is to save $1000 a month, the question is: ' How long will it take to get to that point'. I would like to be able to spend at least a month looking for a job and getting a feel for the place. Hopefully I'll make some good contacts right from the start.
I have been taking pictures on a daily basis and am becoming accustomed to working with pictures, starting this blog is taking it to the next level. I hope to be able to post some photos soon. Working on this blog is a little more involved than playing solitaire wihich I seem to do a lot. This is a lot more interesting...you can see your progress as it occurs. I found solitaire tough! What a difference a computer makes.