Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Good News

Hi there! It was a busy but good day. One of my favorite blogs had a new post today. The pictures and descriptions were as intriguing and entertaining as usual. Shawn posted on http://www.korealife.blogspot.com. Check it out if you're not familiar with it. I think you'll enjoy it.

Snow last night and snow today! The streets are clear - there is snow on the grass and it does look so nice. Lake Hurons winter magic has started already....but it's supposed to be 16 degrees by Thursday.

I had the passport photos taken today and tomorrow the application will be off to wherever. Slowly the wheels are starting to roll toward Seoul. I will be spending the next few months closing down my life here so that when 'fly away day' arrives everything will be as organized as possible. 'Possible' is becoming reality, slowly but surely. The advice I'm getting is ...'...do your homework and arrive healthy'. Hopefully that will be the case. If not, I'll still go, but it will be a four or five month vacation instead.

I am planning for an April '05 arrival in Korea, maybe a month earlier - maybe a month later. Researching the net has paid off. I have found some very good sites where the writer's have established themselves quite nicely in Korea. This blog will still be around once I get there but I may change the name.

Anyway, back to life in Canada. Off to Windsor on Wednesday for five days, so I'll take the camera and take some photos down there. It hardly ever snows there. Last Christmas was the first white Christmas they had in 47 years. Will lightning strike twice? We'll have to wait and see. Knowing this might be my last Canadian winter for a few years is kind of fun. I still remember last year when we had three snowfalls of more than a foot in less than two weeks. I know I won't miss that.

It's late...of to bed. Manna, Mike.