Wednesday, December 29, 2004

안녕하세요

Christmas was excellent! We went to see the Ray Charles movie, 'Ray', it was really good. It was also the first time I had seen Jaimie Fox, and I thought he was very good. Of course the music was great and I discovered that alot of my favourites were written by him!

Apart from that I held down the fort while the kids were in and out as much as their social lives would allow. I am so sick of doing dishes. All in all it was a very peaceful, happy time.

I had intended on studying 한국어/Korean language for at least an hour a day, but it is more like two hours a week, so I'll have to improve on that. I have started carrying the Korean Phrasebook with me whenever I go out, that way if I run across some unsuspecting Korean- Canadian, I can pick up some more 한국어/Korean Language.
Pronunciation is progressing both on the computer and down at the variety store. I feel fortunate to have that kind of access to the language just down the street from our home. The site at http://korean.sogang.ac.kr, has writing practice as well as spoken and reading. I discovered an indispensable language site at www.kangmi.org. This is where I got all the links to the other sites I use, such as: www.langintro.com/kintro, www.bensmatrix.com/culture/basickorean1.html#korean. I am checking out http://www.blinger.org/korean/index.php next.
Even though I don't consider myself gifted or good at language, I am enjoying the learning process. Any corrections to my translations are appreciated.

I still am planning on going to the Oriental Market in Windsor, to see what they have there, and to see if I can get some photos for the webpage. Hopefully I'll be able to do and see more things Korean this week.

I hope you and yours in SouthEast Asia are all safe and sound. It's painful to see all the misery that resulted from the tsunami.

안녕이계세요. 마익.