Saturday, December 18, 2004

December 18, 2004.

안년하서요, 친구/Hello friends! Finally, back in London after ten days away! Work went well. I did manage to pick up the pen and start to write in Hangeul, or at least made an attempt. Slow yes, but it has to be done.

Two things of note: I met someone who is leaving for 대전/Daejeon on Dec. 28, and secondly I have found a Korean Market in Windsor, On.

Mo had already spent a year in Daejeon until two months ago. He is heading back there on the 28th of Dec. He also gave me a book on 서울/Seoul by Lonely Planet. If you are going to travel check out LP's phrasebooks and other books on the place you are going to. To say the least, they are more than helpful! So I plan to return the book to him when I get to Korea. He told me to keep it, since he doesn't want it, I may leave it here with my friend Ted, who is planning to move to Korea in about a year..... at fifty-four years of age!

And then of course, there is taxation. I believe that in Canada, Ontario in particular...the effective tax rate is 47%. I arrived at that uneducated guess by calculating the difference between the gross and net income that I earn.

As for the Korean market I will check that out next week with the camera. So, next week I will try to post a photo of that. The postings are coming along a little slower than I anticipated, but that's life, I guess. Maybe all this learning will teach me patience.

I still have to learn how to set up a sidebar where I can place some links. One day at a time, sometimes feels like one hour at a time.

Whatever you believe, whatever your faith....I hope we all have a Merry Xmas and Happy New Year. I would like to thank all the people who visit this site.

만나, 마익. /Manna, Mike.