Friday, April 01, 2005

돌솓비빔밥 Tolsotbibimbap

This is another tasty Korean meal. This was yesterdays lunch. After this it was next door to buy some kimchi. I hadn't had any kimchi for about two or three weeks, so it has been missed.

The Asiana has it's niche, here in London. This is where the Koreans eat. While there, I was able to listen to the other patrons conversing in Korean. Not eavesdropping, it's a Korean atmosphere.

The other Korean Restaurant I've tried is the Manna Grill. It fills a totally different niche. It's near the university, and about three quarters of the menu is Korean, the other quarter is Japanese food that is similiar to the Korean food served here.

Usually, the only Koreans you see here are the staff. It is pretty much a Canadian clientele. Lots of students. Very rarely do you ever hear any Korean being spoken. The food is good, as was the service. You have to request chopsticks.

For myself, I prefer the Asiana. The food is great, the service is excellent, and the staff is very sincere, I really do feel that they value my patronage. And, there's always the possibility that I'll absorb some Korean through osmosis or something.

An nyong hi gye se yo.