Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Unknown Flowers


Unknown Flowers
Originally uploaded by korea-bound.
Summer arrived early this year, it's hot, but alot of us don't mind that much really. I thought if it gets too much,I could get on an air-conditioned bus and go to a mall. I think carrying an extra shirt and a small towel is a small price to pay.The gardeners are happy,things are blooming!

An acquaintance who really didn't enjoy the year she spent in Korea, has had a change of heart. It seems that if she doesn't get into school this September, it's off to Korea to teach some privates. My ears almost fell of my head. Golly, that is good news! She should go to Korea! She already paid her price...completed her apprenticeship. Anyway, now I'm kind of hoping she doesn't get into school so she'll go to Korea. She can always go to school next year. Education is priceless, but in the short term cash is king. A year working there, now that she is debt-free, will pay for a few years of school.

My best and longest friend, whom I'll call Jaemi-ssi, wants to return to Korea with his wife, who shall remain nameless at this time. However they're in a comfortable groove of sorts here in Canada. Spent some time with them looking at Korean stuff and pictures. They worked there for nearly 4 years, so with all the photos and first hand experience, the visits are always a great Korea fix. Sometimes it's a little like somebody trying to describe a flavour you've never tried before. You get the idea, but until you actually taste the flavour, it's just a mental vision at best. Wonderful visits.

The computer has been acting up a little, but it seems to be working well enough. I arrived home on Saturday and I am finally able to upload these postings...I hope!

Bye for now.