Sunday, October 30, 2005

Through The Artists Window


Went for a really refreshing, invigorating and relaxing walk this morning. I ended up getting around 50 photos of mostly trees, the river with ducks, and squirrels everywhere out along the river. This is a photo of the artist's studio that backs onto the river. This property, this " slice of heaven ", is located in the area that I refer to as the " Clarence Street Ghetto ". It really isn't a ghetto, but at one time it was one of the poorer, rougher areas of downtown. Now it's still kind of mixed area, but I do think it's a neighbourhood on the way up, but when is the question? I digress.

I even like the colour of grey she painted the studio. If you look you can see the back of the easel, and a painting on the facing wall. The building is a fair bit larger than what we see here and half of it looks like there is a comfy couch and other furnishings needed for a place of solitude and inspiration. The surrounding natural environment must play a big part in the creative process I would expect.

If the studio looks good the art must be pretty good too.