Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Vocabulary




In an effort to improve basic vocab, I have resorted to extreme measures. I have put up little stickers around the house on various objects with the name in Hangeul. It is working as intended and I am starting to learn some household terms.

The oldest kid in particular seemed to find some humour in that, especially while making comments about the house starting to look like a Korean nursery school.

Work is going well and last trip was less than 24 hours. I only had to work 4 hours on Thanksgiving Monday but it was from 1700 to 2100, so I missed Grandma's Thanksgiving dinner with the kids and the rest of them.

Two appointments today and then should go to work around 2 in the morning.

The weather has certainly changed. The jet stream is out off the north-west and the birds are flocking. Here it is 13C/54F and it's 10 in the morning. It was -33C in Iqaluit yesterday, so in that perspective our weather here is still comfortable. I feel fortunate to live on a part of the globe that is not subjected to natural calamities. The loss of life in Kashmir is phenomenal.

In spite of it all, today is a great day. Take care.

조은하루대세요.