Friday, December 09, 2005

Fresh Snow


Fresh Snow
Originally uploaded by korea-bound.
We got another few inches of snow last night. Enough to give everything a nice fresh blanket of the stuff.

I went for a walk down by the river. The water birds were there for the most part. It gave me an opportunity to try out the zoom. It is very useful. It makes it possible to take photos of birds. I was looking for a great blue heron, but none around when I was there.

Most of the heavier snow had stopped by the time the ploughs got out, so the roads are in pretty good shape. If you would like to see more photos of the walk along the river, or from last night, just click on this posts picture and that will take you into Flickr.

It is not necessary for me to cut grass or shovel snow. There is a man that comes to do that. Sometimes if I really want to, I will do it. That doesn't happen very often ... I would rather go for a walk by the river for my exercise. It's alot less stress and work to go for a walk and to play photographer, than mowing or shovelling.

Hi Jin at the store says that in Seoul if there is 3 inches of snow everybody is happy and excited. So I suggested to her that she must be very happy with the 4 or 5 inches we got last night. She says it snows too much here.

I showed her the cam and asked if I could take her picture. She said that because she didn't have any makeup on it wasn't possible. I suggested to her that it would be fine without makeup. She assured me she would look much better with make-up on. I'll have to wait till makeup day before I can get a photo of her, I guess. Her husband didn't want his picture taken either. At least his was a flat out no. I guess he doesn't wear makeup.

Well I better run, I have to go to the store and get some yogurt and stuff.