Monday, January 10, 2005

어똫게 냈서요?

/How are you? Yesterday I was able to visit 런던한국식붐/London Korean Market. It is a pretty good sized store. The customers were not only Korean-Canadians, but there were a number of Canadian-Canadians as well. Outside, on the sidewalk they had squid, fish, rice and newspapers. The place seemed to be doing a fair bit of traffic, and I know it has been there for a number of years. Included in this little Korean mall is the market, a 노래방/Noraebang, a 미용사/Hairdresser, and a 식당/Restaurant.

I'll obviously be spending some time and money at this little mall. I have eaten at the restaurant once, and I really enjoyed the food. I'll be stopping at the market to pick up some 김치/kimchee later today. The 아줌마/ajumma seemed pleased to help me with my limited 한국어/korean language. So now I have two native born Korean speakers to learn from while I make purchases. It's all good.

I also took some photos, so that meant another photo posting to www.korea-bound.blogspot.com Which is something I need to be doing on a regular basis, in order to become comfortable with using the photo uploader. I'd rather spend the time here learning the computer stuff, so that when I get to Korea, I don't have to spend hours at the computer learning this stuff. I'd rather work, eat, drink and sightsee with the camera.

Yesterdays 한국어수업/korean language lesson, consisted of learning to speak the title of this post, which I believe means 'How are you?'/어더게지내게요? Shun also showed me how to say 'See you later', but I never wrote it down, so I've lost half of it. That 수업/lesson will be continued today.

I'm going to get some kimchee/김치. 안녕히계세요/goodbye. 마익/Mike.