Sunday, April 03, 2005

Chocolate Whipped Cream


Chocolate Whipped Cream
Originally uploaded by korea-bound.
This stuff is absolutely delicious! I was in A&P getting groceries, and looking to put together a good desert. Anyway, this is what I ended up doing!

I got some lady fingers and put 4 off them in the bottom of a bowl, then I opened a can of mandarins, and poured 4 or 5 teaspoons of juice on top. Then I put 5 or 6 thin, shaved layers of vanilla ice cream on top of that, and dusted it with Oreo cookie crumbs. Then, I put 4 or 5 segments of manadarins on that.....then....I decorated the top of all that with the amazing chocolate whipped cream. Ya know, I can think of a good word that comes close to describing it, but it was really, really excellent.
Not only that, it was on sale for $3.29 as opposed to $3.69.

It's sloppy outside today, it is still raining, snowing, etc, but it's supposed to be 18C, with rain. At that temperature, at least the rain will be warm.

A week ago I ended up watching The Outlaw Josey Wales and Palerider. I was long overdue for an Eastwood fix. Last night R & A and I watched Wild Blue Angel, which was really excellent footage of Jimi Hendrix' Isle of Wight performance on August 26, 1970, just before he passed away on September 15, 1970. We still have to watch, Jimi Hendrix Live at Berkeley Community College from May of 1970.

We had both guitars in for a checkup, new strings, both of them for under $70. A bought a digital effects pedal, so you can get 80 different sounds/instruments out of it. I had never used anything like that before, but it does make some cool sounds.

Reading Still Life With Rice by Helie Lee, www.simonsays.com. Well, I have paperwork to do.