Tuesday, May 10, 2005

안녕히계세요!

Shyoon and his family have sold the store and moved to, where else? The USA. He says they are only going as far as Port Huron, Mi., and will continue to work at a convenience store in Sarnia, Ontario. In the last year, Shyoon, his family, and myself, have become very close acquaintances, if not friends.

For over three years, I have bought my bread, pop and other convenient items at their store. For almost a year, I have learnt something in Hanguel, on every visit. Gone less than a week, they are already missed. The good news is that they have sold it to a nice Korean couple, who speak really good English, and Korean of course. The new ajosshi seems to prefer English, but his wife seemed very pleased to hear me plundering Hanguel in my limited way.

Actually what little I know, sounds reasonably ok. My learning pronunciation was always one of Shyoons favourite lessons. Looking back on it, learning has been a whole lot of fun and the friendship was priceless...it still is, Shyoon was kind enough to give me his e-mail adddress.

Sarnia is only about an hour drive from London, so I'll be able to track him down.

I'm spending a lot of time in Detroit these days, and my postings and photos will reflect that. Of course, I will seek out whatever Korean or Asian I can.

Also, I have upgraded my Flickr account, so I now have an almost limitless number of photos that I can upload and store. It was reasonable....$24.95US.

Still can't figure out why I can't toggle between English and Hanguel. Once per posting is what I get. As soon as I turn it off, it's over.

To boa yo!