Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Korea Life Blog


Korea Life Blog
Originally uploaded by korea-bound.
This very nice young lady is Hyun Hee. She is here in London until December. After she has spent her year here she will return home to Seoul. Hyun Hee is here to improve her English pronunciation. At first I thought she was joking! This lady sounds like a native in her pronounciation already. Hyun Hee has been studying English, in Korea, since she was 13 years old. It seems there may be a number of Korean students here improving their English.

Anyway she was kind enough to let me photograph her with this book. I explained to her that it is sometimes difficult for me to find new things Korean, or things about Korea to post on korea-bound. So she was kind enough to let me get a shot of her with Shawns book.

While taking this shot of her, Ryan my waiter friend from the Asiana Restaurant, came out of the Library behind her! Ryan is returning to Seoul at the end of July after spending a year in London improving his English.

It was kind of neat for me to be introducing two Seoulites to each other here in London. Anyway, the three of us went inside the nice air-conditioned library and sat down and had a chat. Ryan and I will be getting together for coffee next week, Hyun Hee won't be able to make it as she is working.

My daughter is in Toronto until next week visiting, so for now it's me and my son holding down the fort. I wanted to get this book shot with my daughter holding the book, but she won't have any of it. I think she thinks I'm a geek.

I finished reading Island Of Fantasy yesterday, so I'm saving the Special Edition for the weekend.

Bye for now.