Thursday, July 28, 2005

Really Cool!

This morning when I got up at 6:30 it was only 10C/52F. Absolutely felt good not to wake up in sweat...or because of it!

By Sunday it'll be back up to 31C, but the night time temperature will be below 20C until Wenesday or Thursday.

On a brighter note, the LCBO decided at the last minute NOT to go on strike. In Ontario, Canada, only the provincial government is legally allowed to supply liquor to bars and individuals. There had been some study by the gov to explore privatising the liqour sales here, but the two biggest groups against that were, of course, the employees of LCBO, and the health industry. Neither of them wanted to see beer, liquor and wine sold in convenience stores. So it looks like the monopoly is safe for now. It's not like any changes would have made the product any cheaper. A change might have made the product more expensive. Taxation is a killer in Canada. Oh well, if I don't agree with our tax oriented economy I suppose I could always do something about....like move to Korea or somewhere! Naaahhh! I wanna stay here and feed the machine! Hardly.

I should be grateful that they're forcing me to question the logic, perhaps a chance to dream, to grow, to change. Possibly a personal, mental revolution? I like Martin Luther Kings "I Have A Dream" speech. The attitude and philosophy is incredible. If you like it, Google 'I Have a Dream', there are at least a couple of audio versions, and the written as well.

Peace! 안녕히계세요.