Friday, July 22, 2005

Homeward Bound

황상츨 is back in Korea. After leaving here he visited the Rockies on his way home. I know he is happy to be home with his family. I'm sure he is glad that he spent a year here. At times it must have been a long stay, being in a strange country with a new culture. I'm sure alot of you can relate.

For some, like you and him, it is a rite of passage. How similiar for you weigukin in Korea, and for him being here. Both of you putting in a year in a strange land. I know that some of you will stay for years, only to return occasionally to visit family and friends.

Steve left here in 1995. He has only returned 2 or 3 times in the last 10 years, to visit. His English is terrible now. I believe he is still teaching at Inha. Obviously he teaches English. He should hang out with more foreigners to keep his English up to par. It is inevitable, I suppose, that if you live in a foreign environment, for a long time, your mother tongue may lapse somewhat.

While 황낭츨 was here his name was Ryan. I met him at the Asiana Restaurant, the place the Koreans go to eat. Closed now until October, darn! Ryan worked there as a waiter. He got to meet my daughter and my youngest brother from West Vancouver. Hell... he ran into me at the library when I was taking the picture of Lee Hyun Hee holding the KLB Special Edition. Ryan's a really nice guy. I look forward to seeing him when I arrive in Seoul finally.

You're right Ryan, I do envy you for being there! Ciao for now chingu!