Friday, December 16, 2005

Santa & Rudy




Here's that wonderful Christmas team, you know who, the guy in the red suit, and you know who, the deer with the red nose. I had to leave the house last night because my son was gone for the evening, and if I left too, that would leave my daughter with the house to herself to study. Which is good for her because this week has been full of exams, tests, and Independent Study Projects that were all due this week.

So I went to Victoria Park to see what the decorations and lights looked like this year. After experimenting with night shots and getting some photos of skaters and stuff, I headed off to the grocery store. After picking up a few groceries, I headed over to the bus stop to get a bus home.

At the bus stop, I met a Chinese couple who have been in Canada for just over two years. I think the place they said they were from is Shenchen (?). They both spoke reasonably good English, and they both spoke a little bit of Hangeul. In English we spoke about Chinese food and Asia. I told them about my interest in Asianism. That is the term I use to describe my interest in Korea, China, and Mongolia. Their advice was for me to just go, just do it. I should, but I'm not ready to step out of the comfort bubble yet. When we're ready, then we do it, right?

Today was a nice day here. That snow we got yesterday was just the tail end of a massive storm that zeroed in on the Ottawa Valley and Montreal. By this morning Montreal had over 30cms of snow and it was still falling. That's life in the snow belt!