Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Swaying In The Dark


Taken with my steady companion for the last 10 months, the Olympus D-540Z. I still enjoy using it, it is so easy to carry and use. It's a 3.2mp camera with an x-D 256mb card. It gives me room for 326 photos. I really don't need that kind of storage. Still, if I went on a trip, it would be useful. The 5mp Kodak has a 256mb SD card that gives 159 pictures on a full card. Better to have more than enough, as opposed to not enough.

Last Sunday I transplanted the Geraniums and Christmas Cacti into larger pots. They all seem to be doing well. I was concerned for the cactus because I had also separated it into two. So far, so good. The wrapping needs to be done. The house needs to be cleaned. Time flies when you're having fun! At least all the shopping is done.

Christmas Day in the evening Mom and B are taking myself and my kids and B's daughter and her husband to the Harmony House for Chinese Christmas dinner. We are really looking forward to it because we have never been out for dinner on Christmas. Should be fun, and it should be a target rich environment for photos. Well, maybe, some don't like to have their photos taken, let alone published on a website. I can always get pics of the food and failing that, the cutlery and dishes!

It looks like it will be a reasonably quiet Christmas. A few phone calls to and from British Columbia and Saskatchewan to here. Hopefully the weather will be good.